Petrochemicals.jpg 
Tasnee is one of the early companies taking on the initiative to invest in the petrochemical sector. Since the mid nineties, Tasnee was keen to have a strong foothold in its industry.  Its efforts began with the construction of the Petrochemical Complex in Jubail. Tasnee then took on the initiative of constructing Ethylene Plant. Currently, Tasnee is the second largest producer of petrochemical products in Saudi Arabia.
 
Tasnee is producing a great deal of Polyolefins known for its strength, flexibility and heat resistance, it is also known to be reliable in many applications. Tasnee is exporting 70% of its products worldwide while the other 30% is dedicated to fulfill the demand of the local and GCC markets.
 
 
Polypropylene
Polypropylene is one of the most significant thermoplastic raw materials used in plastic industry today. Its usage varies from production of plastic films, textile and plastic components for cars.
 
Polypropylene is considered one of the best and cost-efficient plastic materials in terms of multi-purpose applications. The demand for it is increasing and is taking the place of other plastic products. 
 
The highest demand for this product is distributed across West Europe, North America, and North-East Asia. The latter will have the highest demand for this material by 2025.
  
HD Polyethylene has a density of more than 0,941g/cm3. It is known for its resistance to some chemicals. It is used for the production of cables, packing material, production of milk containers , detergent bottles, food product containers, waste baskets, pipes, and water hoses.
 
The demand for high density polyethylene accounts for 43% of the total demand for polyethylene in North-east Asia.
 
LD Polyethylene is produced with a density ranging from 0.910 and 0.940g/cm3. It is known for its low tensile strength and high ductility which makes it ideal for production of plastic bags and wrapping films.
 
LD Polyethylene witnessed a considerable increase in its production capacity in the Middle East as the major exporter of the material. Its production is also expected to grow in Asia and China.
 
Acrylic Acid
 
The acrylic acid is a colorless and sharp-smelling liquid which is easily polymerized and mixable with water. It is inflammable, mildly toxic and of high industrial importance. The acrylic acid is prepared and marketed for multiple purposes. It is stored in bottles or barrels or tanks. Its many derivatives are used in many industries including:
 
 
  • Acrylate Esters which are used in:
    • Decorative and industrial coatings, adhesives, paper and leather coatings, textiles, polishes, carpet backing compounds, and tablet coatings.
    • Impact modifiers.
    • Co polymers with ethylene, styrene, vinyl acetate etc.
    • Acrylic fibers.
  • Super absorbent polymers (SAP) used mainly in diapers.
  • Detergent polymers.